Sunday 30 September 2012

Oakbank Mill

I noticed the other day that one of the old jute mills along the river has come on the market, so my late afternoon daunder took me along the river for a closer inspection, mind you have passed it so many times and always admired it, wondering why all the renovation work had stopped and it was now just sitting there.  It is beside the small footbridge just up from Cargills Leap and is a real imposing building right on the river.  It has had some work done on it, but what an amazing project and situation and it even has an old water wheel, which is slowly being reclaimed by nature.  I can just imagine sitting inside listening to the river rushing past, but that's just one of my 'pipe dreams'.
I also sat for ages watching a dipper, which is a small river dwelling bird and as the name suggests spends it's time dipping in and out of the water - fascinating to watch.













No comments: