Sunday 4 December 2016

The Wallace Monument - Stirling

As part of our Trossachs tour, where I never actually did a fraction of what I had planned, we paid a visit to the Wallace Monument.  Last time I was up it was many years ago. We decided to walk the dogs up to the top and purchase our tickets at the entrance. In my stupidity I purchased a 1 adult and 3 children and then declared to the lady I was going up with one child and then the other two would go up whilst I and first child looked after the dogs. That was a mistake because children have to be accompanied, in hindsight my eldest could easily pass as older, but the tickets were bought and the lady knew they were all children. The result was I had to go up twice. It's a very long and winding spiral stone staircase, but it was quite enjoyable making the journey twice.
















No comments: