Thursday 5 May 2011

New Chickens





On Tuesday I saw some 17 week old Black Rock pullets for sale in the local paper and as I have space for some more I thought why not. So yesterday after a call to the advertiser I went and picked up two lovely new ladies. I left them in the hen house for a while before opening the door to see what would happen. They didn't waste any time emerging for some food and a drink, the resident ladies were not totally impressed, which was to be expected, but by and large the introduction went well. Once the original hens had gone into roost I put the other two in the hen house and left them for the night. I got up earlier than usual just in case there was some early morning fighting, but all was quiet, so fingers crossed they will all settle together.

No comments: