Welcome to Gilmore House, Bed and Breakfast, Blairgowrie, Perthshire, Scotland

This blog is my random ramblings and photos of what is going on in the B&B, my life, but generally my little jaunts out which I hope will give you a taster of all the wonderful excursions to do in our area.

Instagram

Friday, 16 March 2012

Fortren Mushrooms

Based in one of the old huts at Cultybraggan is Fortren Mushrooms.  In a short space of time the owner has built up a great business growing and supplying Shiitake Mushrooms.  The method of growing them is pretty similar to the Oyster mushrooms I have trialled growing before - think I might have another go at it, just need to get the conditions right in my shed.









Unfortunately there were no fresh  mushrooms quite ready for cropping but we all got a sample of some dried ones to take home.

No comments: