Friday 16 March 2012

Auchingarrich Wildlife Park

The final stop on our tour was Auchingarrich Wildlife Park.  This park has been in existence for many years but now has new owners who have been investing in it's upgrade.  I have been here a few times over the years and it is a lovely place to visit whatever your age.  We were treated to soup and sandwiches then a wee tour and then left to our own devices before tea and scones.  The very entertaining owner gave a talk and also mentioned bushcraft courses that are available.















I don't know if I have mentioned the Wild Beavers we have around these parts, but I shall be blogging about them shortly as today they won a reprieve from being rounded up and destroyed because they are not 'legal'.  Anyhow, many years ago this park used to keep beavers and 'allegedly' some of them escaped to live a life of freedom.

This trip was a lovely day to explore places 'on my doorstep' and I met some other very local B&B owners who I have never met before.  Sadly a totally stupid comment made to me from a localish B&B owner slightly overshadowed my day, but that's another story.

No comments: