Tuesday 4 June 2013

Regional Finals - Scottish Thistle Awards

Well today was the day of the Regional Finals for the Scottish Thistle Awards, so I made an effort and brushed my hair and put a skirt on.  It was a lunchtime event so I was picked up by Cllr Bob Ellis who is also chairman of Blairgowrie & East Perthshire Tourist Association and he also picked up my guest Tracey Baxter who is the brains behind 'Love to Eat' and all the spin -offs, inspiring lady who works damn hard.  The finals were held at Scottish Natural Heritage HQ at Battleby just outside of Perth, some place.
We received the obligatory name badge and mingled, fortunately I knew a few people so not too awkward.  Of course one of the highlights of these events is the rather nice food thrown in! Then it was time for the awards and everyone took their seats in the auditorium.  Fantastic array of businesses up for awards all doing their own unique and diverse thing and excelling at it.
My wee B&B didn't win the best guest house/B&B category, the worthy winner was Craigatin from Pitlochry. I'm not saying that through gritted teeth either, it really is an amazing, beautiful guest house and all credit to the work the owners have put in, hat's off to them. Delighted to even have got through to the regionals with the calibre of the two places Gilmore House was up against. Of course a blessing of not winning was that I didn't have to have my photograph taken!, prefer to hide behind the camera.
Lovely few hours out and I have another certificate to put on my wall.












No comments: