Tuesday 30 June 2009

The A68




We have just returned from a short break away and I took some photos on the journey home yesterday evening. We had flown from Newcastle, which is 3 hours away. The reason we flew from Newcastle is that the choice and times of flights was better for where we were going. Anyhow, from Newcastle to Edinburgh you can travel along the A68 which is the most glorious journey through Northumberland and the Borders. Naturally I had to stop and take a photo at the Scotland - England Border. It was the most gorgeous summer evening and the views just kept coming. I have definitely put a break in the Borders on my list to do, my Mum is from Jedburgh originally. I was very impressed by the parkland type landscapes, straight out of a Catherine Cookson novel.

No comments: