Sunday 18 April 2010

River Ericht Path

Looking towards Blairgowrie & Rattray
River Ericht
Kitty Swanson's Bridge

Today I went on a walk to Kitty Swanson's Bridge, which is a circular 8 mile walk, but I only did part of it and retraced my steps. In hindsight I should have just done it all!! The walk starts in the town centre and takes you along the Welton Road then you go through fields of arable crops and strawberries, which are all owned by the Co-op, 30,000 hectares. I only met two people on the walk who were acting furtively, but they were Geocaching, there is a geocache not far from the gate that takes you into the fields. Through sunshine and showers the dog and I made it to Kitty Swanson's Bridge. The lady in question operated a ferry crossing here in the late 1800's. I shall walk the other side of the river another day, and get some photos of the Old Mills which used to dominate the town. You can download and print a copy of the walk here

No comments: