Wednesday 31 August 2011

The Cateran Trail - Bridge of Cally to Blairgowrie

 Had a quick finish this morning and as my husband wasn't working today I could leave him on B&B duties.  I got him to drop me and the faithful dog off at Bridge of Cally so I could do the Cateran Trail stage back to Blairgowrie.  I have mentioned the track behind the Bridge of Cally Hotel before but instead of heading into Blackcraig Forest you take a left up a tack through the woods.



 I met a man who was out with his Harris Hawk, he was teaching another man some falconry skills, sorry for bad photo.  Out of the woods you emerge onto moorland called Cochrage Muir and this is pretty much the landscape until you reach the other side and drop back down into farmland at Middleton.








 Crossing over the Lornty Burn you take a left from West Gormack over to East Gormack.


 I was rather pleased to get a good view of Glasclune Castle after being so near yesterday, in fact I was so near yesterday I wish I had persevered.
Walking up from East Gormack it is a quick walk back into Blairgowrie, but I cut back home across the 'Knockie' again.  Another great walk and another part of the Cateran Trail done.

No comments: