Wednesday 3 August 2011

Enochdhu to Spittal of Glenshee











I managed to get a few free hours yesterday so the dog and I headed up to Enochdhu, parking at Dirnanean Home Farm.  The walk we were doing goes over the hills to the Spittal of Glenshee and is 9.7 km in distance, but we were heading as far as the Upper Lunch Hut and back.  It wasn't the best of weather for a walk in the hills but still the views were super and the heather was starting to show it's glorious purple colour and deer bounded over the mountains.  We made it to the Lunch Hut and I enjoyed having a read through the visitors book to see if any of my 'Cateran Trail' walking guests had signed it, and of course I signed it.  Have to say the dog and I thoroughly enjoyed our walk yesterday despite getting soaked through. The walk to the lunch hut and back took about 2 hours 40 minutes at a reasonably gentle pace and stopping here and there.

No comments: