Tuesday 6 September 2011

Tay Forest Park - Craigvinean


 I usually park at the Hermitage when I go over to Craigvinean Forest, have a look back to September 2010 blogs for two walks I wrote about.  If you go onto the A9 from Dunkeld and head north then take the left for Dalguise you will see the Douglas Fir Wood Sign on your left where you can park.  Further along the road there are other Forestry Commission entrances and there is a super avenue of copper beech trees and some great looking fir trees.
 So I parked up in the Douglas Fir Wood car park and followed the path up as if I was going on the Inver Path.  I then headed north into the forest, there are tracks here there and everywhere, great mountain bike territory.







 When I came to this clearing I should have carried on, but I doubled back up onto another path,


  and totally by surprise the path brought me right out beside the Pine Cone Viewpoint.  From this fabulous vantage point I could easily see where I had to get back to.



There are so many walks and mountain bike trails in and around Craigvinean you are spoilt for choice.

No comments: