Tuesday 27 September 2011

Bungee Jumping - not quite

 Yesterday I had the opportuntity to do a bungee jump off Garry Bridge at Killiecrankie.  Highland Fling Bungee started this year and is Britain's very first static bridge bungee jump.  Fortunately all my guests were staying on so I got round the rooms quickly and as the hubby was on a day off he came as well.  I signed in at the visitor centre at Killiecrankie then made my way along to Garry Bridge where the jump platform is situated. I got harnessed up and waited with some others but unfortunately the generator that powers the winch suddenly decided to break down, just one of these things.  Whilst we waited to see if they could start it up again I had a wee wander and took in the breathtaking views from the bridge, the autumn colours are now starting to come through. 








Lady luck was not on my side today as they were going to call someone down to check out the generator and my watch was telling me we needed to get home for the children coming home from school.  For certain though I shall be back up to do the bungee jump, looks like so much fun, and it is only 45 minutes away.  I had a chat to a lady that had done it a bit earlier and she was grinning from ear to ear and was on a real high after her jump. Apart from the bungee there are lots of great walks around the area as well or just sit and look at that view.

No comments: