Thursday 12 April 2012

Super Smoothies

The other day I looked out my Smoothie Maker which I have never used and don't really know why I ever bought it, all these years ago, as a hand blender does just the same job.   What with all the lovely soft fruits grown around here and which freeze beautifully I thought to maybe adding a Perthshire Fruit Smoothie to my morning menu.  For my first foray into Smoothie making I simply used a banana (ok not local) but always have them in the house, some frozen berries from the summer and some apple juice.  Easy as pie, although some may prefer the pips strained out.  I have found a great recipe for a cranachan smoothie where all the ingredients will be from Perthshire, so will give it a whizz - literally - and let you know how it was.





No comments: