Welcome to Gilmore House, Bed and Breakfast, Blairgowrie, Perthshire, Scotland

This blog is my random ramblings and photos of what is going on in the B&B, my life, but generally my little jaunts out which I hope will give you a taster of all the wonderful excursions to do in our area.

Instagram

Thursday, 30 August 2012

Quinns Picture House

In Blairgowrie there was an old Picture House called Quinns which closed it's doors in 1983.  The building had a lovely art deco frontage but had sadly been neglected and was bought over by developers a few years ago.  It was demolished a couple of weeks ago and now the area is flattened to make way for housing.  Shame they couldn't have kept the old frontage in some way.  Had a scramble around the debris and admired another interesting old building. Fortunately I had a picture of the frontage taken a couple of years ago.









No comments: