Friday 29 May 2009

Reekie Linn





This afternoon I had a run along to Reekie Linn (smoking pool) which is 15 minutes away on the B954, over the border into Angus. The spectacular waterfall is a short walk from the Craigisla Bridge. There is a path along the side of the gorge, it is a 150 foot drop and there are no fences to keep you back, so care should be taken!! not for the nervous. I have driven along the road many times, but never stopped to view the waterfall, it was some guests this morning who said I should go and look, so I'm glad I took their advice. I'm the one who is meant to recommend places! Another must go place to see, take a picnic as they have some picnic tables by the car park. If you continue along the road you will come to Peel Farm Tea Room/Shop or you could walk along from the gorge as the path links along to Peel Farm.

1 comment:

Sandra Van Winkle said...

This is beautiful! It reminds me of the Smoky Mountains National Park very near to where I live. I'm glad you took the photos to share.