Tuesday 5 June 2012

Diamond Jubilee

Well I couldn't not write a blog on such an historic day as Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee.  Whatever your views on royalty, britishness etc I am glad to have experienced the celebrations as I won't be around to see another Diamond Jubilee and very unlikely my children will be either.  I enjoyed watching the Jubilee spectacular on the television and couldn't help but think maybe I shall never see such a pageant again celebrating all things British.
There was a big Jubilee Day celebration in Blairgowrie on Sunday with a great turnout and here are a few photos of that day and a couple of photos from today with a jubilee theme. 









2 comments:

kristieinbc said...

I was able to watch some of the Diamond Jubilee coverage here in Canada and enjoyed it very much. I wrote a blog post with my thoughts about the Queen on my blog if you are interested.

You are right - we will never see an event like it again in our lifetimes.

Gilmore House B&B said...

It was all rather lovely and your 'royal' tea cup is great.