Welcome to Gilmore House, Bed and Breakfast, Blairgowrie, Perthshire, Scotland

This blog is my random ramblings and photos of what is going on in the B&B, my life, but generally my little jaunts out which I hope will give you a taster of all the wonderful excursions to do in our area.

Instagram

Monday, 24 October 2011

Leaping Salmon at Buchanty Spout

This time of year is when salmon are heading up rivers and a prime place to get really close to salmon jumping up waterfalls in Perthshire is at Buchanty Spout which is on a back road the B8063 which is straightforward to get to from Bankfoot, if in doubt I'll show you on a map.  There must have been plenty of people out viewing at the weekend as the footpaths were a bit of a mud bath.




 Great place, great views and you could easily sit and watch the waterfalls and lose complete track of time.  Very tricky taking photos as I was always too slow, but got a few.  I took a video as well which you can view .here




No comments: