Tuesday 29 October 2013

Autumn Colours in Highland Perthshire

Today I had a day off, well until the afternoon anyway.  The sky was blue, the sun was shining and I had the car.  Absolutely no excuse needed not to get out and about and do what I love the most. Enjoying the Scottish scenery, dog at my side and camera in hand. Slow start as stuck behind a huge flatbed lorry on the Dunkeld Road, but soon on my way up to the Queen's View near Killiecrankie.  That road was a slow drive as well, near head on collision with a bus and then stuck behind a 20mph Mercedes who's driver didn't get the concept that he should have maybe have pulled in and let traffic by, he also pulled into the Queen's View car park and decided to take up two parking spaces.  I must have had my knowledgeable, approachable look on today as was cornered by a couple wanting to know about walks in the area.  During the day quite a few people stopped and talked, I put it down to not having a hat on! I forgot it. As always the Queen's View was stunning then I went back down and parked at the bridge over the River Garry and wandered along to the Linn of Tummel where I chatted with a random man taking photo's and discussed all the filters he had for his camera.  Lot's of people out with their camera's today and as always the 'light' in the October sun is wonderful for scenic shots. I then had a short stop at Faskally Loch where the dog enjoyed his swim and played with a Collie. Then to Black Spout Waterfall and a quick photo at Polney Loch before home.
Incidentally Scotland is in the top 3 destinations to visit in 2014 as listed by Lonely Planet





































No comments: